Rohan’s Chia and Supergrains Sweet Beet Salad
This salad tastes as good as it looks. Like the vibrant colours it emanates, every bite is fresh and full of flavour. A hearty and crisp crouton, Stonemill Slow Crafted Chia & Supergrains bread adds a crunchy texture as well as healthy grains.
What you'll need:
- 4 cups of ½-inch bread cubes, cut from Stonemill Slow Crafted Chia and Supergrains bread
- ½ cup of avocado oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 oranges
- 2 purple beets, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1⁄3 cup of pomegranate seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups of arugula cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- ½ cup of mixed cilantro, chives, and dill
- ½ cup of celery, diced
- 2 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- salt (preferably Himalayan pink salt)
What you'll need to do:
- Turn your oven on to 350° F.
- Place the Chia & Supergrains bread cubes on a baking sheet, drizzle with avocado oil and toss.
- Toast bread in the oven until golden (5 to 10 minutes), then remove and cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 400° F.
- Place beets on a casserole-type dish, drizzle with a bit of oil, add a little water, and cover with foil.
- Roast until tender (about 45 minutes). Let cool.
- Whisk oil, orange juice, garlic, vinegar, and a sprinkle of salt together in a bowl.
- Cut the rind off the oranges (squeezing as much juice as you can into the dressing bowl) including the white part.
- Slice the orange, then cut the rounds into triangular segments.
- Squeeze the rest of the juice from the peel into the dressing.
- Place bread cubes, herbs, celery, oranges, greens, and capers into a bowl.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Top with beets, goat cheese, and pomegranate. Then, and this is our favourite part, dig in.